Did you say $5? YEP!

Did you say $5?  YEP!

Thursday, November 6, 2014

Tis the Season to Sale, Sale, Sale

Hey there, stranger!

Sorry about my current blogging vacation.

I don't have to tell you that life gets crazy and some things move to the back-burner.  But, that's why I love my Paparazzi Business.  Sometimes it is non-stop and other times I stop it all together...and give myself a much needed break.  Either way, I get to choose how much time & effort I put into it.

So...welcome back!  

This is the most wonderful time of the year!  


You can already hear holiday music on the radio and all the big box stores have their Christmas decorations neatly organized by color and style.

Everywhere we turn, people are already thinking about Christmas.  That's good for us Papa gals! We get to help those shoppers find fashionable gifts, without breaking their budget.

Now...how do you find those shoppers?  


HOME PARTY TIPS:
*Host your own home party, even if you just had one.  I try to host MYSELF a party every other month, and I make it a goal to add 5 new people to my guest list.  Give your party a fresh perspective by adding a fun holiday game, or even have a holiday special.  My special for December is Customer Appreciation and I'm having a Buy 3, Get 1 Free SALE!  
*Call your previous Hostesses and give them a smoking special if they book a party in the month of November or December.  Let them know that this is a great time to get FREE jewelry to give to others for Christmas.

*If the weather is nice, have your own yard sale.  Throw out some of the crap you found deep in closets while Fall Cleaning, but make the sale mostly about your jewelry.  People will stop.  People will shop...and when they do, tell them you are looking for hostesses.


EXPO TIPS:
*November & December happens to be the busiest time of the year for Expos.  Work hard to book yourself one, or see if you can't share a booth with another Consultant in your area.  Sometimes, you hardly break even at an Expo, but you are likely to book additional parties.  In order to do this, you MUST make a personal contact with each & every person who walks by your booth.  A few of my favorite lines are: "Have you heard of Paparazzi Accessories?"  Whether they say yes or no, I just carry on with my little script: "Everything is JUST $5."  When they give you that double-take and stop in their tracks to look, I say: "Paparazzi is a party-based company, and I do home parties, events and shows."   

*While at the Expo, make it a POINT to visit with other vendors and collect their cards.  They often know of the next show or event, and there ain't no shame in a "cold call" later on to ask them where their next event is.  Pretend you are interested in their product, and ask them for the contact information for the event organizer.  Try it. It totally works.

*Make sure each and every person who shops or stops gets a business card from you.  In fact, give them 2 or 3 and ask them to share with their friends.  Also, if you have upcoming events you already know of, make sure you include a small slip of paper in each sales bag that tells where you will be next & when.

*If you accept credit cards, your passers-by need to know!  Shout it from the rooftops...or at the bare minimum have a large sign so they can see it from across the room.  Most visitors to expos/events actually have very little cash on them.  Let them know that if they got "No Money", they got "No Problems."

*Share your participation at expos/events on nearby FOR SALE Facebook sites.  You might consider having a special if your customers mention your ad when they visit your booth.

SOCIAL MEDIA:
*Gotta love me some Facebook.  But the problem is, you can post something and it can be a gazillion posts down in your NewsFeed.  So, if you are posting on Facebook about your business, be sure to do so as frequently as possible.  Once every other day seems acceptable.

*On Social Media sites, make sure your post is appropriate for the site.  For instance, I found a "Children's Items For Sale" site.  So, I make the post about my little girls' jewelry, but throw in information about the Mommy Line too!


No comments:

Post a Comment